[ RadSafe ] Article on radiological terrorism

Alessandro Tofani a.tofani at usl1.toscana.it
Mon Nov 15 08:10:58 CST 2010

Hello,
just to inform you that my paper "Assessing the Radiological Impact of
Radiation Exposure Devices" has been published in the Early View section of
Risk Analysis. The link to the abstract is:
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1539-6924.2010.01522.x/abstract

The work aims to assess the radiological impact of a RED by simulating its
effects in both dynamical and static conditions of the covertly exposed
population, with individual position and motion obtained through a Monte
Carlo approach. The results indicate that in small enclosures the motion of
people amplify the effects of radiation exposure with respect to the static
case because it turns out in a larger number of individuals receiving doses
above the threshold for the onset of deterministic effects.

Readers interested to receive a copy can contact me at
a.tofani at usl1.toscana.it

Regards

Alessandro Tofani
Servizio di Fisica Sanitaria