[ RadSafe ] Bismuth-212 and 727-keV gammas

Bradshaw, Keith kzb Keith.Bradshaw at amec.com
Wed Oct 6 09:46:06 CDT 2010

Mike, we get consistent Th-232 decay series results using DDEP or LARA nuclear data.  In these, the 727keV Bi-212 gamma emission probability is 6.74%.

http://laraweb.free.fr/

http://www.nucleide.org/DDEP_WG/DDEPdata.htm

This is also the same in JEFF 3.1.  In passing I notice the Table of Isotopes value is 6.58%.

http://ie.lbl.gov/education/isotopes.htm

So that is not a million miles away either.  I've not seen a value of 12% in any of our data sources here.

Personal views only

Keith Bradshaw