[ RadSafe ] Medical x-ray vs. CAT scan

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Fri Oct 8 09:46:27 CDT 2010

Mike

The thing is that most people are unit-dosing, these days, so you have to order the dose from your radiopharmacy, wait for it to come, log it in, etc.  Lung scans in nuclear medicine are probably better for pts, too, than CT, in suspected pulmonary embolism (PE), but have the same down-sides.  If a doc wants a CAT scan, all she basically has to do is sent the pt over to CT with an order for it.

Cheers
cja