[ RadSafe ] Keeping an open mind Are we keeping an open mind?

Emer, Dudley EMERDF at nv.doe.gov
Tue Oct 19 11:05:30 CDT 2010

Considering that Venus is the second closest planet to the sun at 67
Mega miles compared to earth's 93 Mega miles and the solar irradiance is
twice earth's at 2600 W/cm^2.  I guess one could expect a bit of heating
with any atmosphere that is 90 times as dense as earth's.  But comparing
it to earth's global warming is a bit of a stretch.

Although I bet if you went for a research grant on that theory the IPPC
money would roll in.

Dudley Emer
Geophysicist
National Security Technologies