[ RadSafe ] A question of semantics

Stabin, Michael michael.g.stabin at Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Oct 19 18:37:18 CDT 2010

>Mike, the issue of when and at what dose level absorbed dose and equivalent dose quantities should be used was at least partially addressed in an answer to question #8542 on the HPS Ask the Experts web site at http://hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q8542.html.
>George Chabot

Excellent, sorry I missed this. George is definitely one of "the best" who I happened not to ask about this. Some of his critiques of my draft HP textbook appear in the book and on my teaching slides each semester. So the answer is perhaps '0.1 to 0.5 Gy'?

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-4628