[ RadSafe ] They walk among us

Stewart Farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 21 10:52:48 CDT 2010

 John writes below regarding US Congressman Markee's alarmist comments on I-131 exposure from treated patients released from hospitals that "I believe we can do without the knee-jerk reaction of non-experts".

A modest proposal. I would suggest one minor correction in the spelling of "knee-jerk".  It seems in many cases that it should be more properly written that we can do without "née-jerk", or "né-jerk" reactions [depending on whether the speaker of the alarmist statement is female or male].

If you're not French speaking, check your French-English dictionary [or Google] for the French word for "born"  :-) .

Stewart Farber, MSPH

[203] 441-8433 [office]

website: http://www.farber-medical.com