[ RadSafe ] They walk among us

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:16:56 CDT 2010

At 11:39 AM 10/21/2010, Howard Long wrote:
>Evidence, Otto? HERE IN CAPITALS ARE MY ANSWERS:.
>
>1, Where is a study that I is transmitted by such contacts, (as for
>colds)?  WELL DOCUMENTED STUDIES ARE REPORTED IN ICRP 94.
>2. Chernobyl children's thyroid cancers were found NOT increased.
>YES THEY WERE WITH A CLEAR DOSE-RESPONSE SHOWN IN TABLE 3 OF THE
>JACOB ET AL. PAPER.
>3. Hormesis effect, less risk of cancer rather than more, occurs up
>to about 20 REM in the bomb survivor studies: NO HORMESIS EFFECTS
>FOR I-131. JACOB ET AL. 1999.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF MICROCURIES RECEIVED IN THE THERAPY AND THE
DOSE TO A CHILD CAN BE CALCULATED AS 13 REM FOR AN INTAKE OF ONLY 1
MICROCURIES. ICRP 94 DOCUMENTS THE EVIDENCE AND STATES:" Radioiodine
excreted from the patient as exhaled vapour, saliva, sweat, urine, or
breast milk can potentially expose relatives and caregivers." Page 25
in ICRP 94.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140