[ RadSafe ] Radiation exposure poses similar risk of first and second cancers in atomic bomb survivors

McClung, Danny Danny.McClung2 at va.gov
Wed Sep 15 08:41:20 CDT 2010

Not surprising that about 10% of survivors might develop a second
malignancy.  They were more susceptible in the first place.

It is also interesting to me that they find the study results useful in
the event of a radiological terrorist attack.  Those terrorists had
better have some real good lawyers!

Dan
Danny K. McClung, BS, RRPT
Health Physics Consultant