[ RadSafe ] Experts: Ocean life can handle radioactive leaks

gelsg at aol.com gelsg at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 18:43:37 CDT 2011

The solution to radioactive pollution is dilution in time and space.

My question would be, how much dilution is occurring in terms of time (say half-lives of 131I) or space (say meters from the shoreline)?  Don't you think we should do a little better job of providing for reasonable dilution?  I know these are difficult times for TEPCO and I know the ocean is very big, but I hope someone is asking these questions in Japan.

Jerry Gels