[ RadSafe ] Developing Body of Evidence to Refute Mangano and Colleagues

Busby Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 14:15:49 CDT 2011

No

Sincerely
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at agni.phys.iit.edu on behalf of Steven Dapra
Sent: Thu 21/04/2011 01:52
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Developing Body of Evidence to Refute Mangano and Colleagues

April 20

         That's his real name:  Michael Ruse.

         See "Falsifiability, Consilience, and Systematics," in
Systematic Zoology; 28(4):530-536; Jan. 1979.

         I also recommend "Should the History of Science Be Rated
X?," by Stephen G. Brush; Science, 183(4130):1164-1172; March 22, 1974.

         Permit me to inform you that Karl Popper was not the
ultimate authority on the veracity of a theory.  You, yourself,
appear to be less than well-versed in the philosophy of science.

         To get back on track, I reiterate what I said below:  I
rather doubt that you know more about health physics and epidemiology
than does the ICRP.

         Are you related to anyone in the United States?  Your method
of argumentation bears a striking resemblance to that of certain
parties with whom I have had other run-ins.

Steven Dapra

At 05:14 AM 4/20/2011, you wrote:

>Point me to Michael Ruse (good name)
>Ill check it out.
>You obviously know little or nothing about the philosophy of Science.
>Chris

[edit]