[ RadSafe ] Chris Busby physicists annd chemists

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Fri Apr 22 08:45:19 CDT 2011

April 22

         The term "health physics" was coined
during the Manhattan Project.  Hence, it's been
used for over 65 years.  You are going to
single-handedly overturn an expression that has
been used for this long?  I have never heard
anyone objecting to this term, not even the
fanatical anti-nukers I've encountered over some 35 years.

         The ICRP model is not 'my' model.  I
don't even know that the ICRP has a model and I
certainly don't know what it is.

         You wrote, "Did you know what happens at
a decay position in ionisation when a dipositive
ion of one element turns suiddenly into a
tripositive element of another element? Do you
think that matters? Its  not factored into ICRP as a dose. Why?"

         What is this supposed to mean?  Does it
matter if an element turns into an element of
another element?  Is it supposed to be factored
into ICRP as a dose?  If you want to know why the
ICRP does what it does (or doesn't do) why not
write the ICRP and ask.  No one here is a
spokesman for the ICRP.  It seems to me that you are barking up the wrong tree.

         All of your pretentious mumbo-jumbo does
nothing to alter the fact that you are not a health physicist.

Steven Dapra