[ RadSafe ] This "radiation journal" that probably doesn't exist

Busby Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Sun Apr 24 10:35:49 CDT 2011

I dont think you are correct about the labelled thymidne and the incorporated Auger experments. The Baverstock Auger book shows many orders of magnitude excess effect for DNA incorporated Auger nuclides. And as for Tritium, since the track lengths are so short, the fact that the RBE is 1 or 2 for HTO means that the H3 bound to or very close to the DNA must have an alarming RBE to compensate for the lost ionisation in the cytoplamic HTO. How do you explain that one?