[ RadSafe ] Leukemias and Chernobyl + European Journal...

Busby Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Sun Apr 24 13:00:08 CDT 2011

Dear Dan

I am not disagreeing with Otto's remark. About thyroid cancer. I am saying it is irrelevant to the question of the infant leukemias which were picked up in other countries. (Germany, Greece, USA etc)
It is hardly credible that the  2 year aggregated trend in Scotland and Wales, for example can go from 1975 to 1994:  4,5,2,5,4,3,14,6,6,5 (14 in 1987,88)as a result of increased surveillance.
The dose in Scotland and Wales was about 100uSv
This was published in Energy nad Environment in 2000 by me. The data from other publications in BMJ and Nature and various other rags.

Chris