[ RadSafe ] Mr. Dapra credentials to critique please?

David Ehle ehle at phys.iit.edu
Tue Apr 26 08:57:25 CDT 2011

Wow... 2 logical fallacies in a 3 line message. THAT is impressive.

Please look up "ad hominem" and "appeal to authority." Both are generally
considered signs of very sloppy thinking or intentional manipulative
behavior used to hide a weak argument.

Basically both logical fallacies boil down to the same thing though - Who
makes an argument, is irrelevent to the argument itself in terms of its
logical consistancy or scientific value.

I get spam offering me a PHD on a daily basis, and if I remember correctly
we owe a lot of our current understanding of the universe to a guy who was
"just" a patent clerk when he did some of his best work.

Now a person's background might reveal if they have a conflict of
interest, or suggest WHY they are interested in making the effort to argue
- but the arguments themselves must be evaluated sepreately.