[ RadSafe ] Is there a way to quantify the effect of the fear and stress caused by the fear mongering

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Apr 28 14:31:58 CDT 2011

Clayton,

Thank you so much for your mail. This is one of the most valuable and
thoughtful ones I received on RADSAFE. I believe you can live with it, that
I (or others) do not support your ideas in all details – but for me, the
objections are really tiny!

I am happy anyway that during the discussion about Chris Busby the “good old
RADSAFE” has been revived, with clear discussions, statements, answers and
replies to them and nobody seems to be insulted because of a different view!

In the case of abortion I agree with you. One of your underlying facts seems
to be that probably the number of women being in such a situation is much
lower than the number of people exposed to poverty, alcoholism,
malnutrition, hopeless living circumstances in the closely affected areas.
Western Europe (including the former the Eastern block) cannot be compared
to the area of Ukraine or Bjelorussia. I would understand abortions in those
Eastern parts much better than in Western Europe. I do not know of any data,
and I would not be surprised if they were not available. Do not forget the
factor of education!!!

There are so many other factors underlying the decision for abortion –
especially fear for social degradation, rising living costs and as mentioned
irrational fears distributed by mass media.

Thanks again!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD

MinRat i.R.