[ RadSafe ] Test for Humor Impairment- was: RE: Swede held for building nuclear reactor in kitchen

McClung, Danny Danny.McClung2 at va.gov
Thu Aug 4 11:37:29 CDT 2011

Did you mean to say "dog"?  Ha.

Dan McClung
Dept of Veterans Affairs
----------------------
Sent using BlackBerry

----- Original Message -----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu <radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu>
To: 'The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing	List' <radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu>
Sent: Thu Aug 04 12:16:51 2011
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Test for Humor Impairment- was: RE: Swede held for building nuclear reactor in kitchen

Related to the issue of humor impairment raised by Rick Strikert below.
There was a test I heard long ago about how to tell if a person is humor impaired. You ask them a "simple" question:

Q: What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac dog do?
A: They lay awake all night wondering if there is a god.

1) If the person laughs immediately, they are not humor impaired.
2) If they laugh after you point out that god and dog are simply palindromes-- words that can be read forwards or backwards, they are marginally humor impaired.

3) If they don't laugh, even if the question is fully explained, they are clearly humor impaired.

Stewart Farber
SAFarber at optonline.net
203-441-8433