[ RadSafe ] Reporter's question about lower limits of detection

Dixon, John E. (CDC/ONDIEH/NCEH) gyf7 at cdc.gov
Tue Aug 9 14:57:27 CDT 2011

I recommend you consult instrumentation/radiation physics texts written by James Turner and Glenn Knoll. Once you digest that material for a few months, then you might understand the question you are asking. Lower limits of detection depend upon the physics of the detection media and the conditions under which it is used.

Regards,
John