[ RadSafe ] Removal of Cs-137 source from an old irradiator

DrDonRhodes at cs.com DrDonRhodes at cs.com
Mon Aug 15 16:35:30 CDT 2011

Hi,
       I had a similar problem 25 years ago involving 200 curies of Co-60
in an experimental device which I designed and built.  I had a complete set
of drawings, but I did not try to remove the sources.
       I got a type B shipping container from Chem Nuclear Systems, loaded
the device, mixed and poured in concrete and shipped for disposal.
       This is expensive and does not help you much.
Good luck,
Ddon Rhodes