[ RadSafe ] Nobel Peace Prize to Anti-Nuclear Power Group?....NOT -was: Re: Claim from Tokyo Professor that Fukushima is worse than Hiroshima

Stewart Farber SAFarber at optonline.net
Fri Aug 19 12:02:27 CDT 2011

Roger,
The article you cite is so filled with errors of fact [ aka: lies ], and
emphasis [aka:  distortions]  it is barely worth discussing.   As an
example of the distortions in the article you cite,  the so-called
"Physicians for Social Responsibility" [PSR] -a knee-jerk anti nuclear
entity, headed by Dr. Helen Caldicott, a full time anti-nuclear power
activist did not receive the Nobel Peace Prize as claimed.

The International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW), an
entire separate organization shared in the 1985 Nobel Peace Prize. The
IPPNW was awarded the Nobel for its efforts to educate the medical
profession, the general public, and political leaders about the medical
consequences of nuclear warfare. We can all agree that nuclear warfare is
not a great thing.

The IPPNW had many, many "Affiliates". I'm sure if the Health Physics
Society [HPS]  wanted to become an affiliate of the IPPNW it probably
could. The HPS could then say it had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize if
it wished to misrepresent itself like the so-called anti-nuclear power
group "Physicians for Social Responsibility".

Among the large list of Affiliates of the IPPNW are the Salvadoran
Physicians for Social Responsibility (Medicos Salvadorenos para la
Responsabilidad Social (MESARES), and the affiliated student group,
EMESARES); Society of Nigerian Doctors for the Welfare of Mankind; Ugandan
Association of Medical Workers for Health and Environmental Concerns;
Zambia Healthworkers for Social Responsibility (ZHSR); Indian Doctors for
Peace and Disarmament (IDPD); and Indian Institute for Peace, Disarmament
& Environmental Protection (IIPDEP) -among others.    In addition, armed
violence prevention activities of these affiliates are actively supported
by Physicians for Global Survival (Canada), IPPNW/Norway and IPPNW/Finland.

Any of the above entities, and many, many more,  such as the Congolese
Physicians for Peace [CPP] , or  the Ugandan Association of Medical
Workers for Health and Environmental Concerns which are IPPNW affiliates
could stretch the truth if they were dishonest, and claim to have received
the Nobel Peace Prize. It certainly sounds good, but would be a lie.

I'm thinking of contacting the  International Physicians for the
Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW) to see if my company, or any assorted
group of  Health Physicists and Radiation Protection Professionals who are
concerned about protecting the health of nuclear plant workers and members
of the public  like ours can become an Affiliate member.  Hey, I'm trained
in Public Health, and have "Health and Environmental Concerns"  like some
of the third-world Medical Worker Affiliates of the IPPNW. Want to share
in the dues to become an Affiliate so you too, like Caldicott's Physicians
for Social Responsibility,  can claim to have received the Nobel Peace
Prize?

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
farber at farber.info