[ RadSafe ] Nuc Med pt x-contamination of other people

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Fri Dec 2 09:03:36 CST 2011

Brian,

Yes, this is possible as well. When I worked for the State of Florida, and I inspected medical facilities, areas within the nuclear medicine department, bathrooms, work areas, were contaminated from patient elimination. I tell people if they visit a hospital, don't use a bathroom near or around the nuclear medicine departments!

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
"Protecting people, property and the environment"