[ RadSafe ] NRC reform

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 22:05:31 CST 2011

Steven Dapra wrote:

>  In the second link Salsman is harping on whether or not we
> on RADSAFE believe that uranium is a genotoxin.  He wrote:
>
> "Again, do you believe that uranium is a genotoxin or not?  The
> literature is abundantly clear on the issue, and I wonder why people
> on this list get so upset about the question."
>
>  First, I have asked Salsman at least twice to answer his own
> question and so far he has refused to do so....

There were some moderation issues, so perhaps Steven missed
http://health.phys.iit.edu/archives/2011-September/034040.html
citing http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/content/89/1/287.abstract
and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19914362

What does it say about us as a society that tenured university
radiation protection faculty, military officials charged with safety
determinations, and apparently whatever fraction of RADSAFE
that chooses to take Steven's questions seriously aren't
familiar with the genotoxic properties of uranium?  Is it any
wonder that people have safety concerns about nuclear power?

Sincerely,
James Salsman