[ RadSafe ] 14000 deaths

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Tue Dec 20 13:39:35 CST 2011

Patricia,

While there are individuals who are allergic to iodine, I would not expect that KI pills have anything to do with the asinine conclusions reported about 14,000 deaths. Perhaps this was addressed but I don't recall any discussion that states a significant amount of KI pills were distributed to the population. Unless the pills were distributed within a specific amount of hours prior to the intake of I-131, the thyroid would have been not been protected by the KI, and of course the individuals who are allergic would not have been as affected.

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
"Protecting people, property and the environment"