[ RadSafe ] 14000 deaths

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Tue Dec 20 13:39:35 CST 2011

While there are individuals who are allergic to iodine, I would not expect that KI pills have anything to do with the asinine conclusions reported about 14,000 deaths. Perhaps this was addressed but I don't recall any discussion that states a significant amount of KI pills were distributed to the population. Unless the pills were distributed within a specific amount of hours prior to the intake of I-131, the thyroid would have been not been protected by the KI, and of course the individuals who are allergic would not have been as affected.

Sander C. Perle
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)
Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
"Protecting people, property and the environment"