[ RadSafe ] iodine allergy

Perle, Sandy sperle at mirion.com
Tue Dec 20 17:21:39 CST 2011

Found this one site (accuracy unknown):

http://www.medicalhistorycard.com/iodine-allergy.html

Iodine Allergies - Common Medical Allergic Reactions

Iodine is injected into the bloodstream as a contrast media so that blood vessels can appear in X-rays. About three to twelve percent of people react to iodine. Symptoms may include nausea, hives, vomiting, and dizziness. One out of every thousand people suffers anaphylaxis as a result of iodine injections.

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/
"Protecting people, property and the environment"