[ RadSafe ] Into Eternity; new film on radwaste opens in NY

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:07:43 CST 2011

Dear Jerry:

The false prophet of the anti-nuclear league may be "hoist with his own
petard".  My experience is that they so deeply believe their own rhetoric,
that often in court (or regulatory hearings especially) they demonstrate
their own miscomprehensions of fact in affidavits or depositions.  Directly
addressing these errors of "fact" in legal proceedings actually works.  I've
done it!

At least this is my experience in licensing hearings for the Crownpoint &
Church Rock mine licensing several years ago.  I prepared an affidavit that
directly addressed the opposition's errors and shortcomings, which was
accepted by the hearing officer, who threw-out the opposition testimony and
re-affirmed the license application.  Mine was not the only affidavit, but
it addressed very specific errors of fact associated with their
interpretation of the geology.

The political issues are a totally different problem.

The only reason that the Yucca Mountain Repository could be cancelled was
because it was not privately funded.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist