[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Rolling Blackouts

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Sat Feb 5 18:14:49 CST 2011

Hi Jeff,
This is terrible because my data are anecdotal and worse yet a cohort of
merely one. Anyway the rolling blackout here in one part of N. Richland
Hills, a suburb of Ft. Worth, lasted 15 min. I was awakened by the
beeping of my oxygen accumulator and discovered that it was making noise
because the electricity supplier was withholding its juice. By the time
I learned it was a 15 min. rolling blackout due to near capacity
demands, the 15 min. passed and my accumulator resumed sucking juice.
Even as near as other sections of N. Richland Hills did not experience
the blackout.

Think how much fun this will be when a few hundred thousand or so people
get home from work and all plug in their electric car chargers at the
same time -- in thunderstorms and high winds ... in ... sigh. Reminds me
of Stu's LOBA account.
Best in brightness or dark,
Maury&Dog [MaurySiskel  maurysis at peoplepc.com]