[ RadSafe ] How tough is it to build a dirty bomb?

dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com dckosloff at firstenergycorp.com
Fri Feb 11 10:25:52 CST 2011

Dr. Cohen,

Have you ever seen the movie "Broken Arrow" with John Travolta?  In the
move, an entire Army Special Forces squad dies shortly after they get
about five feet from a fully intact nuclear bomb that they were on the
ground  looking for.  On the other hand, I was a trained and qualified
nuclear weapons officer on a navy vessel and slept on a weapon with a
plutonium warhead.  Of course, the only dose I ever received was from
spending time in the reactor compartment.  But nobody ever made a movie
about me.

Thanks,
Don