[ RadSafe ] RDD's etc.

Harry Reynolds hreynolds at energysolutions.com
Mon Feb 14 16:07:35 CST 2011

I sent the message below to Geraldo Rivera and FOX News in response to
their coverage of the attempted Times Square bombing last year.  I got
no response or even acknowledgement. I guess that is their idea of "Fair
and Balanced".

"While watching your At Large coverage of the attempted Times Square
bombing, I saw your "expert" KT McFarland state that "...if a bomb
contained 'fissile' material the entire area would be uninhabitable for
(some ridiculously long number of) years.  This kind of nonsense and
misinformation contributes to the public misconceptions and ignorance on
all things nuclear and radiological.

First, no knowledgeable person wanting to develop an effective "dirty
bomb" would use fissile material.  Second, any area impacted would only
be uninhabitable until a Hazmat crew cleaned it up- a matter of hours to
days at most.

Harry Reynolds
Health Physicist"

Harry Reynolds