[ RadSafe ] Franz, FYI for your benefit, further education and edification

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Wed Feb 16 14:21:09 CST 2011

Dear Niagaranet (again, what a funny name!),

Thank you for sending me a list of names, of which I do not know what it is
good for and of which I do not know any single person. So I – as a dumb
European – do not really know what this list means. Furthermore I do not
know what would be the benefit for me, what would be the further education
from it and I actually think that participating on RADSAFE is a very
positive edifiction. Where should I get it from your list of names, without
links? .

Having been since decades very interested in anything connected to nuclear
energy, nuclear weapons and radioactivity (this is why I chose it as my
profession) I know of course about the “Niagara Fallls” story. I know about
the Czech Jachimov uranium mines, the East German Schneeberg uranium mines (
I have visited them all). I have previously visited a lot of both active and
former uranium mines in Utah, Arizona and Colorado. (GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!)
What is so special about Niagara Falls? Are you aware that there are many
more similar situations outside the US? There are many more places all over
the world with enhanced background radiation, with partly extremely high
concentrations of radon.

For your further education I would recomment that you study the relevant
literature for at least a year and then return to RADSAFE if you still want
to.....

Best regards,

Framz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD