[ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 511, Issue 1 JRPreisig "Higgs"

NiagaraNet at aol.com NiagaraNet at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 14:20:40 CST 2011

Re: Message: 1
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:28:32 -0500 (EST)
From: JPreisig at aol.com
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Deterministic, Stochastic, Etc.

In a message dated 1/8/2011 1:01:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
radsafe-request at health.phys.iit.edu writes:

The energy of the Higgs particle ... pretty cool, huh????
---

Dear Mr. JRPreisig, PhD, and others:

The Higgs (BOZON) is extremely interesting ("cool") to be talking about in
physics!
Mustn't forget those mesons, kaons and pions either -- (writing as the
later myself).

Not too sure about those particle accelerators though. Great care should be
always exercised when dealing with theoretical activities (tongue in
cheek). Don't want to create any Black Holes here on earth or around Chicago now
do we? All competition to do so w CERN aside.

With regard to common sense approaches: The one that wasn't mentioned by
name and perhaps should've been is the principle of Occam's Razor. The
simplest explanation should never be overlooked first as a possible/probable answer.

My 2 cents worth.

Louis Ricciuti, researcher, author,
IAP (industrial archeological proctologist),
Niagara Falls - Lewiston-Porter, New York,
"Los Alamos East"

The opinions expressed are not those of my employer but are shared by many
like minded individuals and certain organizations. If you've received this
message in error, please notify the sender via email, disregard, delete and