[ RadSafe ] Subsurface Gamma Spec Detector

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Tue Jul 19 10:59:49 CDT 2011

Hi,

     _jpreisig at aol.com_ (mailto:jpreisig at aol.com)

     This is expensive and probably a bit too much  technology for your
project,
but EMR Photoelectric/Schlumberger Technologies makes gamma detectors  for
oil well logging.  These gamma detectors are mechanically and  thermally
stable and might fit
in your  geoprobe borehole.  Such a gamma detector used to cost  $2K (1978
dollars).
Don't know what they go for now.

      Their address is:   44 Wallace  Road, Princeton Junction, New Jersey

      I expect EMR Photoelectric/Schlumberger  Technologies has a website.
Google it.

      Such a detector would work well with a  portable MultiChannel
Analyzer and PC.

      Perhaps one could even power such a system  in the field with a
portable AC electricity
      generator.

      Have fun.

      Joe Preisig

In a message dated 7/18/2011 10:41:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,