[ RadSafe ] Chinese fast reactor starts supplying electricity21July 11

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jul 26 12:28:47 CDT 2011

Mike,

---- "Brennan schrieb:

> I can take rad in stride, but tons of molten sodium, surrounded by
> water, would make me nervous.

Excellent example of  comparative risk assessment!

I have other examples from my own experience: When I was asked whether I was not afraid of the Chernobyl fallout or whether I was not afraid of going to the contaminated atoll of Mururoa, including areas with high plutonium contamination I used to say that I do not care to work with radioactive material, because this I can easily measure and take precautions, but when working with bacteria or virus there is no instrument to instantly detect them!

Best regards,

Franz