[ RadSafe ] WHO: Cell phone use

Busby, Chris C.Busby at ulster.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 02:46:06 CDT 2011

Dear Radsafers,

I have been looking at this in between everything else since 1998 when I was funded by Children With Leukemia to do some reseacrh on the issue. I believe that the carcinogenic effects of RF are due to increasing the energy of electrons produced by ionising radiation, either from the (major) photoelectron tracks induced by gamma background or the beta tracks from internal emitters. The electron energy is modulated by the B field of the
 RF Electromagnetic radiation.. Thus the electrons borrow energy from the  EM field which they then deposit in tissue as ionisation. This gets round the fact that the quantum energy of th EM photons are not absorbed by any energy levels available in molecules.  We are currently examining this issue in the laboratory. It is odd that no one has thought of this. I suppose because you all imagine these background levels of exposure to be harmless.
Chris