[ RadSafe ] Two Meter Thick Steel Plates to Shield from Plutonium

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 22:27:57 CDT 2011

Lieber Franz:
Dear Group:

Kazakhstan has a host of issues related to nuclear / radioactive
contamination. There was a case about 20 years ago in which the migratory,
horse-riding sheepherders in the central basins in Kazakhstan cut the steel
caps off boreholes drilled for uranium exploration in order to water their
livestock.  This formed a rather modest shallow lake and went on for years!
Needless to say, the sheep received a quite high radium dose.

Dan ii

--
Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd