[ RadSafe ] Prof O Raabe's recent paper, US centralization of RADSAFE

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Jun 16 10:22:50 CDT 2011

RADSAFErs,

I can fully confirm the words of my German collegue.  Unfortunately the political situation in Europe does not favor much of exchange of experience in our field and collegues seem not to be inclined for newsgroups. This might depend on our hierarchical structures. .

This is one of the reasons why I still am at RADSAFE - even taking shortcomings into consideration, sitting out temporary surveillance - it is by far the best source of knowledge about new developments, very valuable scientific contacts to US collegues  and nuclear news. Of course I would apprecite  if it became much more and really international. A recent comment by my "friend" Sandy Perle, who wrote about "foreign guests" on RADSAFE is a slash into the face of foreign  m e m b e r s  of RAdDSAFE but not surprising given his otherwise behaviour. I think he should tone down. .During the last years several good friends in Europe aqnd the Far East told me that they do occasionally lurk on RADSAFE, but stopped to conttribute, because it was so obviously and clearly US centralized. What is the problem with internalisation? In the European Union this is a very big task, though there are dozens of languages there! There is only one on RADSAFE!