[ RadSafe ] Radon: POWERFULLY associated with LESS lung cancer by B.Cohen

Maury maurysis at peoplepc.com
Fri Jun 17 17:37:46 CDT 2011

I think there was extensive debate about LNT involving Bill Field around
2002-3.  There may have been another episode later, but there is a lot
of that in the 2002 archives -- If I recall correctly, Field had
completed a study in Iowa that he believed supported LNT while Cohen's
comprehensive county by county national work still stands today as major
evidence failing to support LNT. I think Cohen adhered to testing LNT
to the exclusion of 'testing hormesis' because his original research
design did not include a hormesis hypothesis; he insisted on maintaining
scientific integrity by not engaging in after-the-fact hypotheses
(Bernie, please repair my interpretation if needed?)

(Sorry if I've fogged this up -- that was a long time ago; my gray
matter is sprouting white hairs <g>)

Maury&Dog     [MaurySiskel maurysis at peoplepc.com]