[ RadSafe ] US Nuclear submarine 'within metres of disaster' offBritish coast:

franz.schoenhofer at chello.at franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Jun 21 14:16:16 CDT 2011

Fred,

Thank you for forwarding this report. But what has it to do with nuclear issues? If the news came from Greenpeace I would expect a comments like "Nuclear Explosion avoided in last Minute", "Risk of radioactive Contamination of Atlantic", "Plymoth saved from nuclear holocaust by a few centimeters".

Sorry for the persons killed, but that is their risk in this job, like it is for fire fighters. Would any such incident have drawn so much attention if it had been a conventionally propulsed submarine?

I do not know the intellectual level of English newspapers. What is it for the Daily Telegraph?

Best regards,

Franz