[ RadSafe ] Activity versus dose/exposure

Dustin G. Miller dgmiller at enercon.com
Thu Jun 23 10:35:26 CDT 2011

A few questions come to mind in addition to Dewey Thompson's.

How old is the dose information from the manufacturer?

How old is the Cf-252 source.  If the Cf-252 has been in the stainless steel
(SS) capsule for a period of time, there may be enough activation of the SS
that it is increasing the gamma dose rate, i.e. Co-60.

Dustin Miller