[ RadSafe ] Hot particles on automobile air filters

radbloom at comcast.net radbloom at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 19:27:53 CDT 2011

Jerry,

I agree that there might be some Pb-210/Po-210, but because of the longer half lives, the specific activity is much lower, and so might be below detection limits.  Also, these are primarily alpha emitters (some beta from progeny) with relatively few photon emissions.  Still these could be another confounder.

Cindy Bloom