[ RadSafe ] Mission to Mars - Long story short

Alan Stahler stahler at kvmr.org
Thu Jun 30 08:55:39 CDT 2011

Cosmic radiation is particulate radiation; it includes nuclei Z>1, energies >
Material shielding would be (prohibitively?) massive
Equipment to provide electromagnetic shielding would be (prohibitively?) massive
Radioprotectants (eg, chelators) are not relevant
Most "realistic" solution might be GM astronauts
-Al Stahler
"Soundings" - KVMR-FM