[ RadSafe ] Japanese Reactors

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Fri Mar 11 21:08:56 CST 2011

TEPCO reports increasing signature of radioactive iodine:
http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/press/corp-com/release/11031211-e.html

Press Release (Mar 12,2011)
Impact to TEPCO's Facilities due to Miyagiken-Oki Earthquake (as of 7 AM)

Below is major impact to TEPCO's facilities due to the Miyagiken-Oki
Earthquake that occurred yesterday at 2:46PM.
*new items are underlined

[Nuclear Power Station]
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station:
  Units 1 to 3: shutdown due to earthquake
  Units 4 to 6: outage due to regular inspection
* Evacuation has been instructed by the national government to the local
residents within 10 km radius of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
and Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station.
* Measurement of radioactive material (Iodine, etc.) by monitoring car
indicates increasing value compared to normal level. One of the
monitoring posts is also indicating higher than normal level. We will
continue monitoring discharge of radioactive material from exhaust stack
and discharge canal, etc.

Jeff

Jeff Terry
Asst. Professor of Physics