[ RadSafe ] Japanese Reactors

WesVanPelt at verizon.net WesVanPelt at verizon.net
Sat Mar 12 10:22:28 CST 2011

They are pumping sea water and boric acid into the Unit 1 reactor!  My guess
is the hydrogen explosion disabled all of the electrical and pneumatic
controls for the reactor core in the containment. This is a real ad hoc
last-ditch procedure to prevent decay heat from melting more of the fuel
rods.

Best regards,  Wes
Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP
Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.