[ RadSafe ] Fukushima Daiichi reactor decay heat

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Sat Mar 12 11:54:40 CST 2011

True. I just don't know how to accomplish this, other than having automated reporting with battery powered satellite connected instruments.

In incidents like that, people are going to be focused on the task at hand. Wired instruments will likely suffer from infrastructure damage.

It is an interesting idea. It may be possible to design monitoring instruments that use standard internet landlines and in case of the loss, switch to satellite uplink.

That indeed would be an interesting way to monitor nuclear sites worldwide.

Realtime monitoring of incidents would certainly remove some of the speculation.

Jeff