[ RadSafe ] Japanese Reactors

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Sat Mar 12 14:20:07 CST 2011

The waste would have been of a fully amortized reactor that could have been replace with a far newer design. Two new reactors were already planned for that facility.

It would have been a decision heralded worldwide as a proactive response demonstrating the commitment to safety of the nuclear industry.

This decision would have protected their investment in their other 54 or so plants. The current situation has already caused significant damage to the nuclear industry in totality. Every 10 minutes the world meltdown and catastrophe is used on the news.

Jeff

Jeff Terry
Asst. Professor of Physics
Life Science Bldg Rm 166