[ RadSafe ] IAEA Director General's Update on Tsunami and Earthquake Emergency Response

Jaro Franta jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 12 14:56:48 CST 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82a36LWtcU

IAEA Director General's Update on Tsunami and Earthquake Emergency Response

Uploaded by IAEA video on Mar 12, 2011

12 March 2011, 2000 CET

IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano provided a video statement on the
aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan. Director General
Amano expressed his sincerest condolences for the lives and homes lost, and
said "My heart goes out to the people of my home country as they rise to the
challenge of this immense tragedy."

Director General Amano notes the current effort to prevent further damage to
Unit 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

IAEA's dual role to use emergency communication channels to exchange
verified, official information between Japan and other IAEA Member States,
as well as to coordinate the delivery of international assistance, should
Japan or other affected countries request it.