[ RadSafe ] BWR SCRAM sequence

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Thu Mar 17 09:38:05 CDT 2011

Not that this has much to do with my tasks, but in general at an ASEA Atom BWR (similar to GE) the regular SCRAM includes:

- Hydrualic insertion och control rods (ca 4 s)
- Down regulation of main circulation pumps
- Different feedwater regulation
- Start of cooling of the wet well condensation pool

If the scram is combined with no possibility of dumping steam to the condenser, steam is blown into the condensation pool.

/Mattias Olsson, Forsmark NPP, Sweden