[ RadSafe ] IAEA - New Event on NEWS, Japan, Power Reactor

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:24:47 CDT 2011

Dear RadSafers:

This morning I awoke to find 14 new messages from the IAEA "New Event on
NEWS, Japan, Power Reactor".  Up until now, this news service from the IAEA,
designed to inform the public about nuclear incidents and accidents, has
been silent. I am a registered user on NEWS (Nuclear Events Web-based
System).

Needless to say, I have been disappointed in the level of accurate,
verifiable information about the Japanese situation, and had hoped that my
former organization, the IAEA, would be able to fill-in with more accurate
and timely information.

I would like to ask you as the Radiation Safety Community to contact the
IAEA and encourage them to be more proactive and timely with NEWS reporting.

Ms. Rejane Spiegelberg-Planer, Senior Safety Officer, is the point of
contact for NEWS.

R.Spiegelberg-Planer at iaea.org

Dan ii

--