No subject

Mon Mar 7 21:29:35 CST 2011

"Six members of the emergency crew at the plant have been exposed to
more than 100 millisieverts of radiation per hour, the equivalent of
getting 10 chest X-rays per hour, plant owner Tokyo Electric Power
Company said.

Tokyo Electric had raised the exposure level for emergency workers from
its previous standard of 100
millisieverts per hour to 250 millisieverts."

I never heard of any chest x-ray where you get 10 per hour with a dose of
100 mSv!

Where do they get their stuff? Are they simply oblivious to the dose units
they're reporting? Now if they said 100 mrem per bour, I could see a chest
x-ay of 10 mrem each.

Regards,

Sandy

-----------------------------------
Sander C. Perle
President
Mirion Technologies
Dosimetry Services Division
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

+1 (949) 296-2306 (Office)
+1 (949) 296-1130 (Fax)

Mirion Technologies: http://www.mirion.com/

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE:   This e-mail message and all attachments t=
ransmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee and may con=
tain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates. =
 If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereb=
y notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other u=
se of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this messa=
ge in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the messag=
e, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and =
destroy any copies you may have made.  Thank you.