[ RadSafe ] Detectability vs. Hazard ,uranium in peaches

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Sun Mar 20 13:05:08 CDT 2011

As a refreshing counter example:

I had an analytical x-ray user and at that time we had user surveys
being done weekly and as the "supervisor" of the x-rays for her
department it was her job to survey all the machines each week.  She did
this herself and therefore personally experienced all those 0 readings
(ALL of our x-ray machine were interlocked ENCLOSED during routine use
WITH alarming area monitors telemetered to me - which of course made
weekly - or even annual surveys just plain silly).

This made her confident enough of the safety we had achieved that when
she became pregnant she wouldn't tell any of her supervision so that
they wouldn't switch her to another job.