[ RadSafe ] Fukushima beta radiation burns

Dennis Quinn dqdx at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 07:56:47 CDT 2011

Water will most likely end up in the ocean - Seawater samples near Fukushima
Dai-ichi on 3/21 and 3/22 showed I-131 (75%), Cs-134 (15%), and Cs-137
(10%).  I-131 was the primary nuclide with the following levels:

at site: 5000 Bq/liter
0.3 km: 1200 Bq/liter
8 km: 3200 Bq/liter
10 km: 1100 Bq/liter
16 km: 650 Bq/liter

I-131 allowable concentration in effluents is 40 Bq/l, Cs-134 is 60 Bq/l,
and Cs-137 is 90 Bq/l

Dennis Quinn, CHP
DAQ, Inc.