[ RadSafe ] Japanese Radiation Regulations

radbloom at comcast.net radbloom at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 16:06:21 CDT 2011

Jim,

I'm not sure of how the Japanese radiation regulations are organized and which agencies have jurisdiction.  The two links below have some information (radiation/radioactivity limits are found toward the end of the first link.  The second link has some reactor rules in it.  I think there were caveats at both sites that the translations might not be complete.  One might be an excerpt.

http://www.nsc.go.jp/NSCenglish/documents/laws/3.pdf

http://www.nisa.meti.go.jp/english/resources/legislativeframework/files/ReactorRegulation.pdf

Cindy Bloom